Tuesday, 5 December 2017

Introduction

This Blog is all about African Wildlife and My Love For it from the age of 10.

I love African Wild Mammals on the African Continent and all that they stand for.

I specially love African Bush Elephants that migrate from one area to another in Savannah Grasslands from Kenya to Botswana and from Botswana to the Republic of the Congo.

I can never forget my love for African Forest Elephants that are critically endangered in Tropical Rain Forests in the Democratic Republic of the Congo as well as in Gabon where the single largest population of Forest Elephants exist.

I love Free Spirited Elephants that are found in almost every corner of Botswana which is fast becoming an "Elephant Paradise".

Leaving Elephants aside for the moment, I would like to turn my attention to Rhinos living in various parts of Southern Africa that are being poached mercilessly for their Horn.

White and Black Rhinos have a sense of belonging to the African Continent in more ways than one.

Black Rhinos are critically endangered in many parts of Africa and need our attention asap.

What really intrigues me about Wild Africa is the "Great Migration" in East Africa specially in the Serengeti Biosphere Reserve.

Wildebeests and Zebras in their thousands crossing Crocodile Infested Rivers to get from one side to the other.

In Botswana's Okavango Delta there is also another migration of sorts among Gazelles and Zebras who  travel from Island to Island in search of good foraging ground.

There are reported to be at least 300,000 Zebras in Botswana.

Enjoy This Blog is all I can say at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Majete Game Reserve -- A Miracle

On his expeditions through Africa, the explorer and missionary David Livingstone took "salted provisions" but wasted no chance to...